Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] edwardwill@googlemail.com is offline

Default The reasons why windmills wont work...

On 7 Mar, 11:36, "Doki" wrote:
wrote in message

Surely your anti-green stance is predicated ENTIRELY on price, since
no-one in their right mind could argue, absent considerations of cost,
that nuclear power was preferable to renewable energy.

Eh?

Nuclear:
It produces power all the time at a predictable and controllable level. And
it produces a lot of power in not a lot of space.

Guess what's more predictable than the power output from a nuclear
power station? The tides. Oh, and that the sun will shine. If
either of these two fail, we'll be dead and none of this will matter.
Using these vast resources to power our planet is simply a matter of
political will. Availability is not in question.

Renewable:
Power as and when it's windy or sunny, and a lot of space for a little
power.

Vide supra.

ISTR reading that the fly ash from coal power stations is about as
radioactive as nuclear waste, but nobody worrys about that much becase it's
not come out of an evil nuclear power station.

Citation needed.