Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default IRS Audit..!

N O wrote:
What a time to get this piece of mail. Any advice on how to deal with
an IRS audit?
Now I'll have to pay for this AND come up with the money for 07 soon.

Anyone been through a field audit? Everything I read says do it at
their office. They want to come to my home based office.. My
business broke 100k in '06 and apparently that substantially raises
your odds of being audited..

My nerves are shot. I don't keep very good records. And the more I've
been researching, the more I'm finding things I could have been
deducting and things I deducted incorrectly.

I just don't see how the same government that awards no bid contracts
to Chaney's 'former' company can ask it's citizenry to be enthusiastic
about paying taxes. ...

We all know how corrupt the system is including the IRS.

"Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?" -Groucho Marx

Many will tell you to get the services of a CPA, enrolled agent, or
attorney.

I vote for TAX attorney. Find their national organization and contact a
local member.

The advantage for using an attorney is that whatever you tell them is
priviliged.

In our case, I send a backup of our Quickbooks file to the attorney and back
comes our corporate returns (federal and state) signed by someone the IRS
doesn't really want to screw with.