Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Venting question

on 3/6/2008 3:49 PM SteveC said the following:
I'm putting in a basement apartment. I have to vent my Bathroom Fan, Dryer
and Kitchen Range. Dyer is vented on it's own. I am wondering if I can run
the Bathroom fan and the kitchen range out the same vent? I'm wondering
cause I'm running out of room and it's very hard to get at to attch the
ducting on the vent.

Thanks.
Steve

If there are zoning laws where you live and your plot is in a single
family residence zone, you cannot add a fully functional apartment to
the house unless it is a mother-daughter house and the tenant is related
to the family. But that will remain for the life of he house. You cannot
rent to a family member for two months and then rent to a non-family
member. The fine could be hefty, in addition to the cost of the
demolition of the apartment to be in compliance.
You had better find that out before starting construction.
..

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY