Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Is a DirectTV antenna useful for anything

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:06:41 -0500, mm
wrote:

I was looking for something else, a tv volume regulator, and I came
across this:

http://www.nextag.com/Audiovox-TERK-...1837E3BFF49FE9

This whole item is labeled
Audiovox TERK HDTV o - TV antenna (HDTVO)
Terk Audiovox Terk HDTV O - TV Antenna (Hdtvo)

What is the O in HDTVO?

The two parallel curved rods, connected at the ends, are the part of
the DirectTV antenna I was referring to above (which has the name TERK
on it). The interesting thing is a DirectTV antenna is aimed at a
satellite and therefore the extra part, wrapped around the edge, is
pretty much facing down.

Yet in the picture in this url, it appears to be facing the station,
and I think this is the "highly directional UHF elements". So why is
it facing down on t he directtv antennal?

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)