Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default TEK 465

(Dave Platt) wrote in :

Can anyone give me a hint as to why my 465 is dead,no fan,no HV,,,I've
repaired about 2500 crt monitors and around a couple dozen
lcd's,,,just a clue anyone??done checked fuses,,,
is there three or four???(just in case)......

The commonest problem with 465 and similar Tek scopes seems to be
power supply failure, due to shorted solid-tantalum capacitors, or
dried-up (high-ESR or open) electrolytic cans.

http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/tshoot.htm#tshsco is a good place to
start reading.

I used to replace a lot of bad bridge rectifiers in them,too.

the BEST place to start reading is the TEK 465 service manual.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik