Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Greg Bailey Greg Bailey is offline

Default Can someone help me do a minor fix to my stereo?

Gotcha ... I've done work inside my computer before so I know about avoiding
ESD.

wrote in message
Here's a picture of the KSS-240A pickup:
http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/kss240a.jpg
You can see the screw to the left of the label.

The other thing to be careful of is ESD (Electrostatic Discharge). If
you
don't have an antistatic wrist strap, at least take some common sense
precautions: minimize plastic and fabrics (carpet, wool or acrylic
sweater)
in the vicinity of your repair, pick a more humid day or area to do
the
repair, and touch the metal chassis of the stereo system (if it has
one)
before approaching the pickup or other electronic devices with your
hands.

TM