Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Up North Up North is offline

Default Steel disk source

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
t...
I need a source for 24 pcs. of 1/4" to 3/8" thick by 4-1/2" to 5-1/2"
diameter steel disks. They will be end caps for 3-1/2" diameter tubes to
make them into rollers. Any ideas? I was thinking barbell weights for
midgets, but Google didn't show any...too politically incorrect?

Tom
I see you are capping your rollers with discs the same diameter as the
tube. This would require grinding the weld down to match the OD. I have been
cutting the discs I need when making rollers or wheels to be a slight press
fit on the tube ID. I priced out 5" dia discs and came pretty close to the
catalog price. Your local CNC plasma or laser cutting shop should be able to
do them for the same price.
Steve