DoN. Nichols

Default What is this tool called ??

In article ,
James Waldby wrote:
Datura wrote:
Here's a photo of the mystery tool:

07/23/04 07:48 PM 31982 roller-.jpg

... posted in the dropbox at:

http:/www.metalworking.com/

Bad URL there, gets "The document contained no data"
error if you paste it into a browser. The dropbox is
at http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/
(note two slashes after http

That was my fault there. I typed it for him in the earlier
article pointing him to the dropbox, and either his browser fixed it for
him, or he spotted it, and forgot to correct what I had posted when he
posted later.

and the picture is at
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/roller-.jpg .

No idea what it is but it certainly looks useful

It looks to have side rollers as well to keep a roll of thin
metal neatly packed, so I think that the suggestion that it was for a
roll of thin metal, like that used to make seamless gutters, is probably
right.

To find an *official* name for it, you would probably have to
visit the web site of its maker and find a matching image.

However, I would consider something like "roll server cart" as
sufficiently descriptive -- and probably no worse than many eBay
descriptions.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564