Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default New easy to install DIY solar panels technology

On 2008-03-06 20:52:42 +0000, Andy Champ said:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Yup. I think next time I go to Brusslels, it would be Eurostar/Chunnel..

I've done train and plane to Paris.

The train wins hands down.

Walk to local station, change platforms at Waterloo (oh drat, they've
broken that!) change platforms at Gare du Nord, take Métro, walk to
company I'm visiting.

Drive to LHR. Park in long-term. Get bus to terminal. Check in.
Wait a couple of hours. Fly to Charles de Gaulle. RER to Gare du
Nord, then it's the same. Terribly broken up.

The Eurostar gives you time for a meal on board as well.

Andy

Yes, I agree. Far more usable time. If they had wireless working
on the train, even better.

Even with the trek from Waterloo to St Pancras, I still think that it's
interesting although they should have completed the lounge facilities
before opening it.

I'm sure that LHR T5 will be broken on opening as well, but on a far
grander scale. Plenty of opportunity there for them to abuse
customers.

I did win one battle with BAA though. Gradually the notices that tell
their customers:

"Please have your passports and boading cards ready"

are being changed to

"Please have your passport and boarding card ready"

I pointed out to them that I don't have dual nationality and neither am
I traveling on multiple flights at the same time.