Posted to uk.d-i-y
blackbat blackbat is offline

Default lifting drain cover

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:50:15 +0000, jal wrote:

In article ,
blackbat wrote:

Hi all,
My toilet is not draining properly.

I need to lift the associated drain cover in a utility room to check
for blockages but the cover has never been up since the day it was
fitted and looks jammed solid.

BlackBat -- first thing I would do is find the next drain down the line
and look in there (if you can).

Good advice. I can get to a drain further down the line. Don't think
the blockage will be there. I think I'll still need to get to my
blocked drain but at least if I can release most of the crap by
rodding backwards then it would prevent a flood situation in the
utility room.
--

blackbat /\x/\