Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Bill is offline

Default Eyeglass specifications

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:03:28 -0500, wrote:

Actually, in many cases the small local Optician's store is
significantly less expensive. The places you mentioned have onsite eye
exams that are priced VERY low, which they compensate for, by making
more on the hardware. Get the cheap eye exam there, and take the
prescription to an independent optician to get it filled. Be prepared
to have to fight to get them to just hand you the prescription to take
elsewhere. They will do their best to strong-arm you into buying
glasses from them. Don't be surprised if they go as far as telling you
they CAN"T legally give you the prescription, or other bull****.

Good advice. I wear glasses, and always go to a local optician. The
place I like specializes in high-end frames, though. I was probably
wrong to think that the original poster could save money by going to
one of the discount chains.