Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Removing non-stick coating to salvage a pan?

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:30:58 -0500, Peter A
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Howdy,

That's certainly not my experience, but if it doesn't work
for you, I hope that you have a method that you prefer.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Yep - my goal is eggs where all the white is set but the yolk is still
runny. I use a 6 inch nonstick pan over just-below-medium heat. Melt a
little butter and put in 2 eggs, salt & white pepper, then cover with a
glass lid. Cook for about 5 minutes. The cover traps the heat so you do
not have to "over easy" the eggs to cook all the white. You can check
for doneness by jiggling the pan to see if the whites right around the
yolk (the last to cook) still tremble.

Hi Peter,

Ooops... I was in omelet mode,
--