Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default got a DTV converter

mm wrote in
:

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 06:20:18 -0500, wrote:

Those "secondary" subchannels are High Definition broadcasts.

No,they aren't.
The subchannels are able to be aired because they compress several
standard-def digital channels to transmit in the HD bandwidth.

I have a recollection that the broadcasters had a choice with their
new frequencies: 1) High Def on one channel, or

2) Multiple channels of standard def.

in the space of one channel. And if they chose option 2, the signals
were not in hi-def. Although they would be clearer because they were
digital (no static, no ghosts). Am I wrong?

You are right.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik