Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Marantz SR5400 ...

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:15:01 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Anybody come across this one as a 'stock' fault ? Got one on the bench now
that comes out of standby with the immediate message "CHECK DSP ROM". Bootup
continues normally with protect relays dropping in ok, and unit settles with
"DVD DIG.4-AT" in the display, and that's it. Unable then to select any
other mode, or invoke any function either front panel or remote, except the
front panel volume control, where the display correctly shows volume control
action, before dropping back to DVD message again. Have tried a factory
reset, which seemed to take place ok with the display saying "DEFAULT" and
the amp carrying out a basic full restart, but symptoms remain.

Anyone know this problem on this model, before I have to start diving in and
ordering service manuals etc ?

Arfa

The specs state that the receiver supports "firmware update through
RS-232C port". Is it possible that this error is the result of a
botched upgrade?

BTW the photo in this document shows "DVD DIG.5-AT" in the display:
http://www.marantz.com/archive/e_sr5400.pdf

- Franc Zabkar