Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Samsusng MW21310 repair

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in message
. com...
Here at work our little Samsung microwave was cooking away and then just
quit. Upon investigating it, I find the fuse blown. Ok, then check the
door switches - all 3 ok. I have put a copy of the schematic at
http://www.kcswug.com/documents/SamsungMW21310.pdf .

If I replace the 15A fuse with a little larger one, it will come on but
with an abnormally loud hum. If I unplug the magnetron by pulling the
wire from the FA terminal, the excessive hum is still there, which to me
means that the magnetron isn't the cause of the problem here. If I lift
the rectifier ground, then the hum stops. The rectifier isn't shorted,
but I also can't test it with my Fluke meter as it reads open both
directions. But the spec sheet on the rectifier says it needs 14 volts to
pass through it, and my meter only has a 9 v battery. When I measure the
cap, I get .2 ohms across it, which tells me it is shorted unless there's
something special about it that I don't understand.

Sound reasonable?

WT

The capacitor is shorted. I have a whole pile of microwave parts, if you
want a good used capacitor, just email me with the value and approximate
physical size and I'll send you something that should work for the cost of
postage.