Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike mike is offline

Default Can I replace a laptop battery with one of a different voltage?

hungerdunger wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote in message

I've never heard of an 11.1 V battery - something is wrong here.

No it isn't - I've got the battery sitting here in front of me.

You can also go here for a picture of it:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2twp9m

Maybe it's just me, but the quote from that ebay site says:

THIS IS A BRAND NEW GENUINE 11.1V, 4000MAH, PACKARD BELL EASYNOTE F5
SERIES BP-8X99 BATTERY. (THIS BATTERY CAN'T REPLACE 14.8V BATTERY)

Please tell us your laptop model and the voltage of your original
battery(11.1V or 14.8V), because we are NOT responsible for this mistake.

Sounds pretty clear to me.

--
Return address is VALID!