Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default 'puter repair

Ned Simmons wrote:
On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:57:58 -0600, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I need to order a new supply. i see newegg has a huge selection. Any
particular suggestions on which to order?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2&N=2010320058

After suffering several failures of cheap no-name power supplies over
a short time period, I started buying Antecs. Antec supplies are
mid-range in price, and my impression is that they're a good value. I
haven't any failures with three supplies in 3 or 4 years.

I've been having good luck with Rosewill's mid-range lineup. $30-40
range. The units are good and heavy (they used enough copper in them) and
I haven't had one die on me in the 2 years I've been using them at work.
(Machine shop with oily environment).