Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default got a DTV converter

"hr(bob) " wrote in
:

On Mar 5, 9:03*pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
I received my 2 vouchers for the DTV-analog converters today,and went
to Wal-Mart and bought one. After using the voucher,it cost me $13
including tax.
Overall,I'm satisfied;I lost Ch.2(NBC),but gained other channels I
could not receive,and got a excellent picture on all channels that
have sufficient signal strength.I'm going to try to find a better
amplified indoor antenna and see if that doesn't get me Ch.2 back.
Setup of the converter was not difficult.It's interesting that there
are sub-channels for many of the stations,like 24.1,.2,.3,etc.,with
different programming.
One thing is that the remote control for the converter is kinda
funky;the channel up/down buttons are very small and the large
L/R/up/down 'cursor' buttons only work for setup menus. It's possible
to use a universal remote

with this model.(Magnavox TB100MW9)
My converter is not one that passes thru analog TV signals.
I'm also going to shop around for one of the converters that DO pass
thru the analog TV signals.(the list supplied has asterisks for those
models)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a small DTV antenna suitable for
apartment use,perhaps one that can be put outside on the balcony
without attracting undue notice?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Where do you live?? In the Chicago area no one has the convertors yet
as far as I can find out.

Orlando.

--
Jim Yanik