Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Solar Garden Lighs/sidewalk lights

"Ron(UK)" wrote in
:

William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 23:17:08 -0600, wrote:

A neighbor across the street has five of them along each side of his
sidewalk.In the day time, the solar cells on top of the lights charge
up a little battery, (even on cloudy days too) and at dusk, the
lights light up and shine all night long.My neighbor said the lights
wont put out any light if he brings them (or one of them) inside his
house.The lights charge up in the day time, why wont they work inside
his house?

The mind boggles.... "the solar cells on top of the lights..."
S.O.L.A.R meaning "pertaining to the sun"
Does your neighbour have his own SUN inside the house???

My mind really boggles. Light is light. Interior light will operate a
solar cell, if it's intense enough.

it rarely is

It IS usually bright enough inside the house to keep the solar night lights
FROM TURNING ON.
Did he turn off the room lights?

as for charging the lights, now that is another question.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap