Ecnerwal

Default Building a Homemade Fuel-Injection System on a Briggs and Stratton 5 HP Engine

In article ,
(T.C. Mann) wrote:

I would like to know if anyone has ever tried to implement a FI system
for use on a small lawn mower engine. What would be involved in doing
this and would it work? Are there any DIY sites that discuss this or
are plans available? Any other good references? Thanks a bunch.

I haven't, but I'd hardly be surprised if someone has.

Let's see - you need an O2 sensor, you need a fuel pump, you need an
injector, and you need a little computer to control it all. You may also
need an array of other sensors, such as various temperature readings. So
you'll be adding a generator if the mower does not have one. If it were
me I'd add a better muffler along with the O2 sensor, since I just don't
think the standard lawnmower exhaust is even remotely quiet enough.

Please share if more resources come in off line. I don't know about
bothering with my lawn mower, but I've got an old motorbike that might
enjoy the update, and it at least has an electrical system...so I'll be
watching this thread.