Posted to uk.d-i-y
jal jal is offline

Default lifting drain cover

In article ,
blackbat wrote:

Hi all,
My toilet is not draining properly.

I need to lift the associated drain cover in a utility room to check
for blockages but the cover has never been up since the day it was
fitted and looks jammed solid.

BlackBat -- first thing I would do is find the next drain down the line
and look in there (if you can).

Funnily enough I TOO cleared a sewage drain last weekend(!) Luckily,
ours goes into our neighbour's, which is in his garden, and the two join
together and flow into a larger diameter drain.

I cleared ours (having unsuccessfully poked long things down from my
end) by shoving a running hose pipe up my neighbour's end (he enjoyed it
immensely): the flow of water flushed the blockage gradually, in a
minute or two, followed by a veritable fountain of **** which had (as
others have warned) backed up well beyond my blocked drain. Fortunately
I was prepared for that (done this before), and was standing well back.

John