Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default New easy to install DIY solar panels technology

The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

10% of 30% is still only 3% of the total energy consumed by this country.

That is a VERY high price to pay - the complete destruction of a unique
ecosystem - for 3%.

What is unique about it and why do you think it would be completely destroyed.

I think you have been listening too much to the greenies. The only thing
likely to disappear completely is the Severn Bore and even that isn't
entirely certain.

I don't know where I got the 10% from. The most widely used figure seems
to be 5%.

Whenever I do an internet search these days Wikipedia always seems to
come close to the top. I don't know how biased their entry on the Severn
Barrage is but a look at who is backing the project and who is opposing
it may be significant.

In one corner assorted politicians plus James Lovelock. In the other
mostly the massed (but thin) ranks of the green persuasion plus Lord
Sainsbury.

--
Roger Chapman