Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default How prepare sweaty/oily bedroom wall for painting?

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:14:30 +0000, John wrote:

I'm going to paint the walls in a bedroom.

One wall has got a large discoloured patch above the bed which looks as
if it's made up of something like sweat, hair oil, etc.

I would have used Sugar Soap to clean this wall but I heard that Sugar
Soap would probably cause lifting of the wallpaper which is under the
existing emulsion paint. Is this true?

Is there an alternative cleaner to Sugar Soap which I can use to
degrease this wall?

Or would I get away with a VERY light Sugar Soaping of the wall using
little water and little rinsing.

Thanks!
John

Try a dry solution; a warm domestic iron over a piece of thin paper. This
works for removing oily / greasy stains from clothing so it will probably
remove most if not all of the offending stain.

Cic.

--
Using Ubuntu Linux