Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] mail@atics.co.uk is offline

Default Floor boards

On 5 Mar, 08:20, Jonathan wrote:
I am planning to replace a worm-eaten floor with new tongue and groove
boards. In the past, these have shrunk after I have laid them. How
long should I wait to dry them out properly?

Thanks

Jonathan

Dear Jonathon
The answer depends on the ambient temperature and rh. The simplest way
to find out is to measure them at weekly intervals and plot a graph of
width v time supplemented by similar measurements of the moisture
content - preferably using a capacitance, microwave or deep probe damp
meter.
If the room is at the temperature that it will eventually be at the
likely answer is several weeks
It also depends on the staring mc!
Chris