Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Drive way is rising up

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 15:34:28 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

I'm talking about replacing the filler between the front edge of the
driveway and where the garage concrete starts. I don't know what
that's called. It is currently deteriorated and falling apart.

Okay. They've got those fibrous petroleum-impregnated expansion boards at
Home Depot. Four-foot lengths, about $2.50. If you suspect water intrusion,
though, go with a crack sealer type material.

Leave the expansion board in place. When Summer comes around,
thawed/clean/trim/seal it with an asphalt liquid sealer. Pour along
the expansion joint and on the expansion board.

Keeps the water out..