Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Need source for wood strips

On 5 Mar, 16:25, PCPaul wrote:
On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 05:45:45 -0800, RicodJour wrote:

Well, we've all seen ladder back (apparently aka lattice back) chairs,
so you know what the OP is talking about. *The thing I found curious
wasn't the odd bracketing of the 15mm with periods, but the use of
inches and mm in the same piece of wood. *I don't like to _measure_ and
now I have to do conversions on _one_ piece of wood...? *Hoo boy.

Very common over here in the UK. Although we officially went metric
nearly 40 years ago, road signs and speed limits are still imperial. Cars
still do so many miles per gallon. (A proper gallon, though).

Lumber is still sold planed to 2x4 but in metric sizes so you actually
buy 2.4m of 96x44mm instead of an 8' 2x4. Ridiculous. And around $10
apiece for not-so-good pine as well, in small quantities :-(

And around $10 apiece for not-so-good pine as well, in small
quantities

So your wood is measured in metric but your cash is measured in
dollars? g