Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Who prefers traditional units?

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 22:12:07 GMT, geoff had this to
say:

In message , Huge
writes
On 2008-03-04, Rod wrote:
Ed Sirett wrote:
snip

I have no idea what units blood cholesterol is measured in I just
know that 5.5 is pretty bad and 2.5 is pretty good.

5.5 ain't so bad. 8.6 is bad. (Don't ask me how I know...)

The year before last, 6.0 was OK

it isn't now

So a change of goalposts gives me a high cholesterol level now

This is usually the case with NHS staff, who are noted for job
creation.

I'm pretty certain that NHS GP practices are given large cash
allowances determined by their supposed 'at risk' patients, so they
tend to exaggerate such to maximise their profits.

--
Frank Erskine