Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default lifting drain cover

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:44:24 +0000, blackbat wrote:

It's not the toilet,

er, so why did you say?:

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:54:56 +0000, blackbat wrote:

Hi all,
My toilet is not draining properly.

the drain for my kitchen sink also routes via this cover and that is
also taking time to dissipate.

Give the full and correct story and you satnd a much better chance of
getting accurate and sensible advice... Though that doesn't help a lot
other than indicating the blockage is not likely to be in the U bend of
the loo.

Does mean you'll have greasy and rotting vegitable matter along with
****ty water to contend with. I'm not sure which is worse the **** or
rotting vegitable matter, I think the later.

How far below the slow toilet is this inspection cover? If it's as
jammed as you suggest it might be holding back a stack full of ****ty
water until you disturb it then whoosh.... 110mm dia pipe holds a lot
of water,

Great - you're supposed to be giving me encouragement :-)

Just a warning before you go proding about willy nilly and flood your
utility room. I think building regs say that inspection chamber covers
inside buildings have to be screwed down and have proper seals, unlike
those outside that just rest in the rim without seals. Open with caution
and be prepared to shut it down again PDQ (if you can!) and have plan for
when you can't, clear the floor, remove furniture etc...

--
Cheers
Dave.