Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bill Bill is offline

Default Can Fla. insurance co. be held to homeowners binder rate that differs from policy rate due to incorrect info submitted by agent?

You have 'Gabel roof'. Hurricanes like to open them up, more so than a 'Hip
roof'.
Grab what insurance you can, as in Florida, the insurance companies all seem
to be jumping ship.

State farm was $500 more than what Liberty Mutual offered me.

My former carrier sent a notice of non-renewal so I went shopping for
homeowner's.

Among the quotes I got was from State Farm who I currently have my
auto policies with. I got the quote last Wednesday 2/27, as it
happened I discovered they were going to cease writing homeowner's
policies in Florida as of close of business Friday 2/29. They said if
I wanted to go with them they had to get it in by close of business
Friday.