Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Under slab water leak

On Mar 5, 8:50*am, wrote:
My in-laws are hearing running water when inside their shower. *I
turned off the main and bled the lines and it stops. *When the main is
back on, the sound is back. *So I'm sure it is a water leak either in
the wall or under the slab. *Unfortunately, both sides of the wall
where the sound is coming from are tiled. *If I remove the shower
faucet, that will give me a small access to the inside of the wall,
but it is too small to see very well. *Is there any way I can probe
down to determine if the leak is in the copper ging from the slab up?

What I want to do is make certain it is an under slab leak before I
have someone come out and re plumb the entire house.

Thanks in advance.

Sound goes through pipes in the shower its magnified, look at your
toilets first maybe one flapper is bad, you can put dye in the tank
and see if it goes in the bowl. You can buy a moisture meter cheap
that will find a wet spot in concrete if its not the toilet