Posted to alt.home.repair
patrick mitchel patrick mitchel is offline

Default Eyeglass specifications

plastic lenses? they can be reground to fit a frame with smaller lenses. I
don't think you are going to find the detailed specifications to get the
contours correct to have existing lenses fit correctly in another frame
without a lot of hand checking. Might check the thrift stores nearby as the
stores local to me have a tray on the checkout counter that have a lot of
eyeglasses. Pat - who also bought a pair of the cheapie (under $30 US)
zenni optical single prescription glasses and have been satisfied with them.
"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
History:

About 20 years ago, I had 2 pair glasses made.

Safilo Elasta 1056/N 1159

Very good quality. I still have one of the frames, wear them daily.

Maybe 10 years ago, the other frame broke. I took the lens to a
little repair shop and they found an inexpensive frame that fit
the lens.

Such inexpensive frame just broke the other day.

Safilo Elasta 1056/N was "discontinued", hasn't been available for years.

If I could get specifications on the glasses, I could maybe shop for
comparable Safilo or other quality frames on the web?

As mentioned, the markup on such stuff at eyeglass shops is HUGE.
If I could id and price what I need on the web, I could maybe
walk into a shop and get a reasonable deal.

Such is the quandary. Any help/direction?

Peetie

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 03:54:18 GMT, Peetie Wheatstraw
wrote:

This is a "shot in the dark" ...

I broke an eyeglass frame and need to order a replacement, possibly
on the web.

It evidently requires specifications like:

Eye Size: 50mm
Bridge Size: 13mm
Vertical Measurement: 40mm
Horizontal Measurement: 48mm
Temple Length: 130mm

Those specs were lifted from an Ebay offering.

How can I find specifications on an existing pair of eyeglasses?
Any info/suggestions much appreciated.

Peetie