Posted to alt.home.repair
Brent Bolin Brent Bolin is offline

Default Drive way is rising up

On Mar 5, 7:36*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Brent Bolin wrote:
Live in the chicagoland burbs.

Specifically where the recently new(5 years) drive way meets the
garage concrete. *The divider or filling (not sure what to call it) is
in pretty bad shape. *Looks to me like water is getting under the
drive way and freezing. *Has not cracked, just risen about 2 inches.

Is it difficult to replace this? *Where would you find it?

Replace what? The concrete?

If so, break up and remove the old concrete, build a form, fill with rebar,
and have concrete delivered. Easier said than done.

Or, wait until the concrete slab settles back down (after the winter) and
replace / re-seal the areas where excessive water gets beneath the slab.

I'm talking about replacing the filler between the front edge of the
driveway and where the garage concrete starts. I don't know what
that's called. It is currently deteriorated and falling apart.