Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Car radio goes on, then right off again

In article , mm wrote:
I have a 95 Chrysler LeBaron with a standard stock AM-FM Stero
Cassette black-finished radio from another 94, 95, or 96 Chrysler.

The radio goes on when I turn on the car, or when I turn the radio on
separately. The station frequency displays for a second but then the
time reappears and no sound comes out. None of the keys on the radio
do anything at that point, so the radio must be off. I turn the knob
off, and back on again, and the same thing happens, the frequency
displays for a second every time. It's taken up to 8 tries to get the
radio to go on. Today it took 4 tries.

The radio works fine for a few weeks or months after each episode, but
I'm planning to drive to Dallas and back, and I'd hate for it to
totally fail during the trip.

Any advice on what's wrong or how to fix it before I leave??

You could try disconnecting it or resetting it, and banging on it.

I have no radio in my truck now.Its was acting up for a long time, not
comming on, problems with the display. I had a problem a long time ago where
the remote did not work. Had to buy a $60 manual for the $450 HU, connected
to the $350 CD changer. Its all junk now !!! I wanted to install a top system
back in 93, an it served mostly well for a number of years.

greg