Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Adapting white LEDs as festoon bulbs?

In article ,
Ron(UK) wrote:
N Cook wrote:
Where 5mm is the maximum dimension / available space of the original
bulb so you cannot turn aroud the LED. Would be useful for replacing
awkward voltage festoon bulbs. The maximum beam of 5mm LEDs is axially
but how to convert to transverse? Grind an angle to the dome and melt
on some mylar? Wrap whole LED in mylar except for an axial slot?
Abraid the LED all round to make translucent rather than clear?

Then adapting AC or DC supply to suit

You can buy 12v led festoon bulbs, Google for led car accessories.

The ones I've seen are of a larger diameter than a 6 watt festoon type.
10mm seems to be the common diameter - so a replacement for 10/18w types.
I suspect by the text it's the smaller one Mr Cook wants to replace -
meter lights etc?

--
*Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.