Toby

Default Router recommendation

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:34:18 +0100, PoP wrote:

The £34.99 one had a 12mm collet. The B&Q variety was half inch. And
so on.

Really 12mm or 12.7mm ? 8mm collets are bad enough, and I always
threw 6mm cutters away, in case they ever got used by accident. 12mm
sounds crazy enough that they might have made one, as a cutter tie-in,
but it surely can't be a good idea to buy one.

Oh they're out there. [1]
I have a router supplied with a 12mm & 1/2" collet plus inserts to reduce to
8, 6 & 1/4"
Despite what may seem intuitive the metric inserts fit the 1/2" collet,
rather than keeping the metric and imperial sizes paired.
Does anybody sell a 12mm shanked bit in the UK? Not that I want one, quite
happy with 1/2"

[1] Was prefitted with the 12mm collet - cue swearing - until I noticed the
'spare' was 1/2" (12.7mm)

--
Toby.