Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Boring a hole question...

Gerald Miller wrote:

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 01:13:03 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

PS - the ONLY advantage of building big things with wood is you can
wack it with a big hammer if its a bit out, - that, and the invention
of Silicon caulking guns.....and cornice cement...

Hammer? I built the floor for a 16' * 20' double wide portable shop
building, and discovered that the 2 * 10 lumber was cut with about a
three degree angle and the plywood wasn't square to the frame. I drove
my car up against it, and pushed one corner, till it was in alignment.

Chap I worked for occasionally as a teenager, fancied himself as a
builder of cottages to sell to the city slickers (the family farm had
a large lake, and this was before there were building inspectors -
probably helped start building inspection) his only tools were a buck
saw and a couple axes. His cottages were described as "rustic".

It sounds like 'Decrepit' would be a better description.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida