Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mechanical Magic Mechanical Magic is offline

Default Boring a hole question...

On Mar 4, 8:34 pm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
Right side up?

There's a right side? :-)

Harold

Harold,
Well there seems to be a right and wrong side, and orientation.

I have a friend (a EE) that built an addition to his house. Well
actually he is still building after 15 years. The sheetrock screws
have been chalk lined, and measured. The rock edge tape (the one that
hold two sheets together) was precisely cut, AND all the walls have
the rock aligned with the printing of that tape, from bottom to top,
on the right side. Box cutouts are within 1/16" as are all other
edges.

It took 2 days to cut and fit one closet with hardwood flooring.

Yes, there are people that acheive high tolerances using questionable
tools.

The man taught me an incredible lession about trusting numbers and
formulas. Even guesses, with proper bounds are very valuable.

Dave