Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] askjodt@gmail.com is offline

Default Hoping for some professional advice...

We have a crack in the floor of our garage leaking fluid. It's new
construction, in floor heating and the plumber says four pipes froze
and broke open. We've had problems with the boiler since the fall
(leaking in the furnace room). Builder now says that was condensation
from the chimney and was fixed (we traced it to the boiler with the
plumber). The house originally had a 5 car garage and the builder
converted one 2 car garage into an office for us. The sensor is in the
office not the new garage portion (everyone overlooked this during the
renovation). We did forget to close the garage door a few times in
extremely cold conditions (possibly as low as -40 once). 2 pumps also
had to be replaced in the boiler. Builder pointed out the sensor
problem but lays the blame for the pipe freeze on us (and says that
was also responsible for the boiler pumps having to be replaced). The
builder has a very good reputation but he's also relying on the
plumber (whom he uses alot and trusts). Only other plumbing anomaly
has been master bathroom cold taps often given warm/hot water
intermittently instead of cold (in floor heating). I'm prepared to
accept that we caused this by leaving the one garage door open a few
times if the explanation seems plausible to the experts...just looking
for some opinions.