Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default Good book on Critical Path Management

Some folks have done something enough to not feel a need for identifying
critical tasks. When they go away, the replacements only know that
everything has to be done, yet they have little idea what can slide and
what will bite their ass if not kept under control.

Institutional knowledge is a dangerous thing to depend on.

We don't have time to document it - we don't exactly know, and we're
embarrassed that someone has pinned us down
Everybody knows - Only a few old timers grasp it, and since THEY know
it, "no problem"
It's in our operating guide - We have nothing in B&W
Nobody knows - too damn lazy to find out - or - if nobody actually
knows, too damn lazy to produce an 85% product.

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
If you know what a "critical path" is, you don't need a book.