Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Adapting white LEDs as festoon bulbs?

In article ,
N Cook wrote:
Where 5mm is the maximum dimension / available space of the original
bulb so you cannot turn aroud the LED. Would be useful for replacing
awkward voltage festoon bulbs. The maximum beam of 5mm LEDs is axially
but how to convert to transverse? Grind an angle to the dome and melt on
some mylar? Wrap whole LED in mylar except for an axial slot? Abraid the
LED all round to make translucent rather than clear?

Are you restricted to 5mm types? There are also very short ones available.

Problem with LEDs is the diabolical 'colour' if used as a replacement for
tungsten. Which may not matter, of course.

--
*I'm pretty sure that sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.