Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default transformer oil

William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..

A lot of motor oil is totally synthetic now.

No, most of it is still petroleum-based. But almost every oil company
has a synthetic product.

Sorry William, but that's just pedantic semantics...

"A lot" suggests a high percentage -- perhaps 25%. I doubt 25% of all motor
oil sold is synthetic. Or even 20%.

Apart from which, I haven't owned a car in god knows how many
years, that hasn't specified a synthetic product for its lubrication.

You said "specified". You mean that synthetic oil was supplied with the
vehicle, and was the preferred lubrication?

Keep in mind that you two are on opposite sides of the Pond....

jak