Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default transformer oil

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..

A lot of motor oil is totally synthetic now.

No, most of it is still petroleum-based. But almost every oil company
has a synthetic product.

Sorry William, but that's just pedantic semantics...

"A lot" suggests a high percentage -- perhaps 25%. I doubt 25% of all motor
oil sold is synthetic. Or even 20%.

Apart from which, I haven't owned a car in god knows how many
years, that hasn't specified a synthetic product for its lubrication.

You said "specified". You mean that synthetic oil was supplied with the
vehicle, and was the preferred lubrication?