Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default To Turbine or not to turbine

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:

The only thing I don't like about the little Bosch Colt is the shaft lock
... the air turns blue every time I use it. All my other routers use two
wrenches.

My older Bosch laminate trimmer also has a shaft lock. I definitely
prefer two wrenches.

is that the bosch where you stick one end of one wrench in the top of the
housing to lock the shaft? I have that one and I think I prefer it to a
'true' shaft lock. It's still two wrenches, just not two wrenches on the
collet. Unfortunately, the plastic base on it cracked and getting it
replaced is going to be almost as expensive as replacing the router :-(

jc