Posted to rec.woodworking

Default To Turbine or not to turbine

On Mar 4, 6:11 am, B A R R Y wrote:

*SNIP* of good information

Not true at all, with my Fuji Q4, ML Cambell Ultrastar and ML Campbell
NC Lacquer. I spray Ultrastar right from the can.

When I demoed the Turbinaire unit, I almost bit on the spot as the guy
opened a quart of really thick latex enamel in front of me, let me
stir it to make sure there was no friggin' in the riggin', and he
poured some directly in the cup and let me spray.

That almost sold me as I thought "surely no other system can do
that". But in truth I think most 4 stage systems from the big boys
will, and some of the 3 stage machines will do that, too.

I thin because of my shooting style and climate. If it is 65 - 70
degrees and about 50% relative humidity, I don't thin or mix anything
with the clear coat. That actual day usually happens about twice a
year around here.

Are you sure you've used a good HVLP?

LOL. You are definitely sturdier than I am. When I read that post
there were so many things that were just completely wrong I deleted my
original response. You just said it best and I think you hit the nail
square on the head.

Robert