Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Who prefers traditional units?

Ed Sirett wrote:
snip

I have no idea what units blood cholesterol is measured in I just
know that 5.5 is pretty bad and 2.5 is pretty good.

FYI:

'The amount of cholesterol in your blood is measured in units called
millimoles per litre of blood, usually shortened to "mmol/litre" or
"mmol/l". America uses the units milligrams per decilitre of blood:
"mg/dl" instead. Current UK guidelines state that it is desirable to
have a total cholesterol level under 5mmol/l, and an LDL level under
3mmol/l.'

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/cholesterol.html

Interesting that "they" have changed from mass per unit volume to
number of molecules in a unit volume. Changes it from a measurement to
counting?

--
Rod