Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Bathroom Smells

In article ,
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:42:03 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article 80947ddd8649c@uwe, "Jenny1" u41800@uwe wrote:

My bathroom has had a smell for like 2 months now well its been like that
ever since i moved in my apartment. It has a smell that i dont really know
what to compare it with. It has the smell all day it doesnt go away. It
espically smells really bad after ur done taking a shower and it smells
bad
also when i mop the floor. I dont know where its coming from. I thought it
was my shower curtains but i bought some new ones and the smell was still
thier. I clean the bathroom everyday but the smell would still be in
thier. I
dont know what else to do!!

Had that problem for quite a while in a house I was renting. Finally got
the landlord to pony up for new sheet vinyl, and on tear-out learned
that some moron had used masonite under the old stuff. Yuck. You ever
smelled wet masonite? It's quite distinctive.

Masonite might smell when wet, but why was it wet?
Something was leaking.

Yep, as things tend to do in my imperfect world. That's why masonite is
a poor choice for a substrate in a bathroom.