Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wood/Wood floor question

"ransley" wrote in message

I think I'm currently dealing with a mixture of both odors in the
apartment I just moved into. I'm thinking of laying some kind of
finish on the floor to possibly lock in the wood smell and getting a
air purifier that gets mold out of the air (considering the problems
are what I'm assuming they are).

I appreciate any input on the subject.

Its probably mold and you should not live with it, or there if it
affects you. Its not your responsibility as a tenant to have to fix
it, it is the landlords. I hate to say it but you should get a pro to
help, the citys health department. Some molds will make you very sick
and you are already affected by something you do not understand.

Within reason you are correct. Give that the OP has a reaction in many
places, it may be that he will never get his apartment, or any other place,
sufficiently mold free to be comfortable. Mold is al around us.

If the apartment is beyond normal limits, the landlord should fix it but
don't expect perfection. It does not exist.

Shellac is probably the best coating to be allergen free. Careful with the
alcohol fumes though.