Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default transformer oil

Don't you have a oil wholesaler or transformer shop in your area?
Sometimes a call to your electric company can get you a quart or two
from the bottom of a 55 gallon drum for free. They have to top off and
change the oil in large transformers from time to time and buy it in
bulk. The last time I needed some, I got it from the R&D lab at a local
Steel mill, in Ohio.

That's another thought. There's probably one out in downtown Seattle
somewhere, most of those sort of places are only open during the 9-5 period
I'm at work so it's probably easier to just mail order it unless I can find
something suitable at a hardware store or something else local that's open
evenings or weekends.