jim rozen

Default proper bolt torque on Farmall Cub

In article , Lennie the Lurker
says...

.... I'd have to say that if he used a lock washer to
prevent it backing off, torqued to the 20 ft/lb, it will probably last
longer than what is going to be the next thing in the transmission to
go, more than likely a bearing somewhere, or the teeth off a gear.

Ahh. No. I would never advise using a split, or any
other kind of, lockwasher inside a gearbox for any purpose.

Safety wire, red locktite, yes. But not lockwashers.

Jim

please reply to: