Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
a a is offline

Default Home Depot return policy w/out receipt

Walter Cohen wrote:
Anyone know what HD's return policy is if you do not have a receipt? I
know they take your drivers license number but is there a cap as to how
much stuff ($) you can return without a receipt before they disallow it?
I know Walmart puts you on a 'black' list and after a while (not sure
how you define 'a while') they disallow you returning items.

You sound pretty paranoid. I've returned tons of things with and without a
receipt to HD and they don't care. I buy a lot of product there and having
a generous return policy is just good business. I don't take advantage of
it - I don't buy use and return parts/tools like they're a rental company
(that dept is at the far end of the store), but if I don't end up using a
bunch of pex or copper fittings, electrical boxes, etc. for a project -
they'll gladly take it back and sell it to someone else.